Thursday, December 15, 2011

Broke Man's Bahn Mi


I've been on a bahn mi craze lately.
I love these things. They're convenient. They're inexpensive. They taste good.
Wherever I go, I see a different version of the bahn mi. Traditionally, the bahn mi is simply cold cut ham and cartilage smeared with liver pate. I've seen anything from grilled lemongrass pork bahn to catfish bahn mi at Spice Table in Los Angeles. The sandwich can be virtually anything in a baguette under cilantro, pickled carrots, cucumber, daikon and jalapeno.
I figured I'd give it a try with last night's leftover chicken.

Ingredients
-cilantro
-sliced jalapeno
-grated daikon
-grated carrots
-6" baguette
-mayonnaise
-filling of your choice

Directions:

1.Pickle jalapeno, daikon and carrots in vinegar.

2.Cook/heat up whatever meat/filling of your choice.

3.Heat baguette in toaster oven.

4.Assemble sandwich in this order: mayo,filling,carrots,daikon, two sprigs of
cilantro. If you have, sprinkle a little fish sauce over the sandwich for that asian touch.

5.Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment